Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bad Gasoline Effect

Bad gas comes in many different varieties. There is the kind you get when you gulp down a double bean burrito. But not so funny is the kind that comes out of a pump nozzle in filling stations across the country. According to some sources, there is more bad gas out there than the industry is willing to admit - and it is causing a significant increase in driveability and emissions problems for many vehicles.
Allow me to tell you a story regarding bad gasoline according to my experienced.







One day afternoon, I planned to go to the gasoline station to refuel my motor bike because its almost empty. So I started the engine and the sound was good as usual. I came to a nearest gasoline station (P****N) in my place which I do not often use to refuel . After refueling I started the engine and went back to my house.. As the days passes by I notice that every time I use my motor bike the engine sounds like hesitation and struggling which unsual to me. I thought that maybe I have to go the shop for tune up and change oil thinking that might be the solution to my problem but I was too lazy. Their are times realizing that maybe it was the gasoline making the engine sounds bad. So I consumed all the gasoline until its almost time to refuel  but this time I went to the gasoline station which I prefer and trusted and more often I refuel though its a little bit far from the nearest gasoline station I've refueled previously. After I refuel I was relief,  I notice that my bike's engine is not struggling nor making hesitation sound anymore. It sound and works like it was before. From that moment, I concluded that I was a victim of Gasoline station selling DIRTY GAS or contaminated gasoline which can harm ENGINES. That why I started to search and found out that Sometimes gas is contaminated with dirt or water. These contaminants are usually kept out of filling station's pumps with a filter. Underground tanks must meet strict Environmental Protection Agency guidelines regarding leakage and soil contamination, and are regularly inspected. However, these tanks can leak, causing contamination of the soil and the gas. In cars with steel gas tanks, corrosion of the protective plating on the inside can cause rust flakes to collect in the pickup strainer, which can damage the fuel pump or clog the fuel filter.  

Generally, there are three types of BAD GASOLINE:
  • gasoline that doesn't contain enough dispersant-detergent additives to keep the fuel system clean, 
  • gasoline that doesn't contain enough octane and 
  • gasoline contaminated with dirt or water.   
Most gas pumps offer gasoline in three varieties: regular (87 octane), mid-range (89 octane) and premium (91 octane). Few cars need premium outside of high-mileage vehicles or those with supercharged or turbocharged engines. However, premium blends often have higher levels of fuel-cleaning additives. If the car doesn't perform well, it may need a higher octane fuel or service. Before changing fuel grades, check the owner's manual to ensure that the car isn't designed to only run on a lower octane level. 

I hope you've learned some ideas on how to avoid a fraud filling station selling dirty gas.